Going 1:1. I couldn’t be more excited!
But…. I have so many questions about how this is going to work. I have never been one to shy away from learning how to use new technology, but having students using it everyday scares me just a little. I am a planner. The ambiguity is making me nervous.
In an effort to control the situation, I’ve started to organize some of my questions.
Some of my questions simply relate to the nuts & bolts of running a classroom.
- What if they forget/lose/damage their equipment?
- What if they don’t have enough power to make it through the day?
- Will our network be able to support so many people working on it at one time?
- How will lack of internet at home impact students?
- What if students are using the technology inappropriately?
Some relate to pedagogy.
- How will I use technology to differentiate my instruction?
- How will I differentiate technology instruction?
- How can technology support student choice?
- In what ways will this technology support collaboration?
And then there are those big questions that nag me in the middle of the night.
- How will increased use of technology affect my students’ communication skills?
- How will technology support and/or neglect the needs of adolescent learners?
- Is daily use of technology inherently engaging?
- How will I protect students? Can I?